Monday, March 1, 2010

Possessions

Hello Everyone,


My grandpa kept humming bird feeders out on his front porch. You couls sit out there and in a very few minutes a humming bird would come by. It was exciting to see the only bird that God made that can fly backwards. I remember grandpa making a big deal about keeping the feeder filled up. These little fellows needed food all the time. I remember him sharing that at times the male humming bird would get territorial. He would claim that feeder as his and run all the other humming birds off. Which kept him quiet busy.

I got to thinking about my grandpa and him sharing this with me and realized that the Lord was teaching us a needed scriptural lesson. The male humming bird was the soul possession of that feeder. But what he lost was his freedom. He is no longer free to come and go as he wished. He is tied to the work of guarding his feeder. He was possessed by his possession.

"But whoso hath this world’s good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth." 1 John 3:17,18

Remember Always, "God does all things well."

Until Jesus Comes
Bro. Gary
Proverbs 3:5,6

www.beulahlandbiblebaptistchurch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment