Wednesday, May 26, 2010

So Honest

Hello Everyone,


A dear friend of mine sent this to me and I thought it needs to viewed by everyone, enjoy.

I was in Target today, standing in the check out line, when a woman rushed behind me with a single item in her hand. She proceeded to tell the cashier that she had left something in her cart and forgot to pay for it. The cashier smiled, scanned the item, the lady paid for the item and all in well in the world of retail stores. Her noble deed did not go unrecognized (as I am now telling her tale), despite the lack of gratitude shown by the cashier, store manager or the entire Target Corporation for returning fabric softener that had been amiss. Moral of the Story: I thought to myself, now that is a woman of integrity. She did not have to come back in and pay for it. It would have been just as easy to drive home and thank God for a free bottle fabric softener; after all "the Lord works in mysterious ways," right? The cashier did not praise her for being so honest and she might not have even cared, but I noticed. My point is, there will be things you do and you might not get a standing ovation, a pat on the back or proper recognition, but someone is always watching. It is the little things in life that make the biggest difference.

"Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation." 1 Peter 2:12

Remember Always, "God does all things well."
Until Jesus Comes

Bro. Gary Proverbs 3:5,6
www.beulahlandbiblebaptistchurch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment