Thursday, March 17, 2011

Old Fashioned

Hello Everyone,


My son would tell me, "Dad that is old fashioned." I would answer, "Yes sir and don't you forget it!" I like a lot of the old ways, life seemed to be more simpler. I loved to listen to my grandpa as he would tell me about the old days. Every now and then he would ask me if I remembered this or that and most of the time I did not. He would share with me about a place or an old rabbit dog that he called Ringo. Never be a dog like old Ringo. The thing is those old days are gone and we can not go back. The old home isn't there. The fellow down the road is dead. The old fishing ponds are dried up. The old fields are over run with weeds. The family get together have all faded into 7 day work weeks. The old wood shed is gone and the corn crib. We just don't have the time we used to have for these, for we have giving all this time over to TV. I would love to see more folks give up TV for a month and let us apply that time to prayers. Hmmm just maybe we could see revival again in this Nation.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

Remember Always, "God does all things well."
Until Jesus Comes
Bro. Gary Proverbs 3:5,6
www.beulahlandbiblebaptistchurch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment