Monday, November 22, 2010

God can Handle it

Hello Everyone


When my sons were very little, we were walking back to house from the garden. I was carrying a bucket full of tomatoes. When one of them asked if he could carry it. I told him that I would take care of it. But he insisted that he could carry it. I told him that it was heavy and that I can handle it. He again made it clear that he wanted to help me and carry the bucket. So I gave in. Just the look on his face made me aware that he did not know that it was that heavy. So he struggled and proclaims that it was indeed heavy. "I told you that it was heavy and that I could handle it." After another step or two he asked, "Can you take this?"
I have never forgotten how God spoke to my heart with this remembrance. How often do we try to carry those things that we can't carry because they are too heavy. "God, can you carry this?" "Sure, I can handle it."

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

Remember Always, "God does all things well."
Until Jesus Comes
Bro. Gary Proverbs 3:5,6
http://www.beulahlandbiblebaptistchurch.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment